I care about privacy and therefore do not use Tracker or anything else. The only data collected is the necessary minimum to allow the website to be served.
What data is collected?
- your IP address
- the time of your connection
- the page you requested
- the UserAgent of your browser
Why is this data collected
- the server needs your IP to send you the bytes of the page you requested
- this is collected in normal logging procedures
- the server needs to know what data is requested
- to detect suspicious requests
All of the above data is stored in a logfile that is only readable by the administrator of the webserver (me). An automated analysis of the logfile is performed in realtime to protect the server from a range of attacks. The logfiles are rotated and removed automatically after a while.
126.96.36.199 - - [21/Jan/2021:17:24:35 +0100] "GET /legal/privacy/ HTTP/2.0" 304 0 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:84.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/84.0" "-"
Do you know better? Have a comment? Great! Let me know by sending an email to ~firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel like it, you can donate.
Unless stated otherwise the texts of this website are released under CC-BY and code-snippets under the GPL.
© Moritz Poldrack